November 01, 2009

Space on Trip by Tendy Kay

The room spinning
My temperature constricted in one valve about to POP!
Eyes doubled in size
Am sure I hit the light switch
Was it off or on?
Either way,
I cannot see, my head echoes, echoes…
Where is my phone?
Face book update: “I am really high today!”
Comment on that b#%$&!
Ummm boyfriend?
He lasted two hours or was it less?
I shall love love him forever, yes I will,
Was his name Peter or something funky?
He is hot! A definitely-next-time guy,
Now shhh, shhh, shhh
To my bed,
I go find a corner and sit, stand, sleep?
I can’t!
I need my phone!
Shhh, shhh, shhh, the room; echoes echoes
Has stopped spinning
Where’s the bed?
Where is my stuff?
Oooooh! The colors so bright on the wall
The nice colors on my wall are dancing,
I want to dance too, where are my shoes?
I am in the open, it’s too open!
Thought I was inside?
Rush, rush, rush!
Back in to find the radio,
Calm down; yes slow, not too quickly,
Aaah! There is my bed!
Breathe, breathe,
It’s all caving in! Why is it doing that?
I need to get out!
Breathe, breathe, don’t touch me!
Need to go, really need to…
Oh listen!
Music.
Soft, soft, soft, LOUD!
Doors are banging!
No it’s you talking again,
Who are you?
Its only 10 in the afternoon!

- Tendy Kay

2 comments:

  1. Tendy Tendy Tendy, um um um!

    Gal you got some writing skills. Short but captivating!

    I m not sure what caused the high, but there seems to be a tension between solitude and connectedness that leads to confusion as to where he/she is at or going or doing.

    Loved it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you...i look at it as an overload of self-consciousness.

    ReplyDelete