September 26, 2009

Now What by Tendy Kay

So you left in huff,
All sorts of excuses in a bag,
More like a cargo box, because all that stuff was heavy,
I should know, you left me to muse about it,
Okay, so am over it, now what?

The next guy he is so so!
He does not sell like a promo,
Am bored when he calls,
Fall asleep when writes,
I think he is so feminine; he could be a homo,

The other guy, oh well,
You knew him too well, you took his place,
A case of displacement but who am I to say?
So he sniffing around like he always does,
His lady in the back, two babies down,
He is still sniffing, but he aint getting none.

Then there is that guy,
Mmm yes! Him! Him I like!
Very mysterious, calls and comes,
Just at the right times,
Very handy…

So, with all that said, now what?
You are still in a huff,
I still don't get it,
I have done all that,
You have had your share am sure,
Asian, South African, English?
I don't know where you've been
But now what?

You need to stop writing and calling
That stuff messes me up
I need to stop stalling
This moving on thing is appalling
I want to be comfortable
Do that gazing thing,
Slow dance, hold hands,
Call you my man again,
You've got me thinking you are game,
But there you go again.

Suitcase of excuses, an air ticket and a huff
I have to go through all that, again?
You have to kidding me,
Well, you can go!
But let's make pact,
The next time you come around
You aint getting jack!

Tendy Kay

4 comments:

  1. "Am bored when he calls,
    Fall asleep when writes,
    I think he is so feminine; he could be a homo,"

    There are some interesting lines in the poem, but it weakened by cheap wise-cracks, such as this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we LOVED this poem when it was read out at writers c.
    hilarious but deep, and very very clever.
    nice one courtney.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an interesting and lively performance poem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your critic anon.. but i feel every written piece is beautiful as it flows onto the paper and it shouldnt be thought over too much for fear of being clinical.

    ReplyDelete